ReOPEN Asbury Park begins April 30 at 1 p.m. to create a downtown pedestrian zone and allow for the expansion of dining and retail.
Cookman Avenue from Bangs Avenue to Emory Street – will be closed seven days a week to through traffic and parking, and open to pedestrians through Mon., Nov. 29 at 7 a.m.
Cookman Avenue from Emory Street to Main Street – will be closed on weekends to through traffic and parking, and open to pedestrians, beginning , April 30 at 1 p.m. through Mon., Nov. 29 at 7 a.m. Parking and through traffic will be prohibited each week from Friday at 1 p.m. through Monday at 7 a.m.
In these pedestrian areas:
• No skateboards, scooters or bike riding permitted. Please walk your bikes.
• Social distancing and face coverings/masks are required.
• Face coverings/masks are required if patrons are away from their table outdoors or entering the indoor premises to pick up take-out or use the restroom.
• Patrons may not congregate in dining areas or in the pedestrian walkways to wait for tables.
• Alcoholic beverages may not be removed from dining areas.
• All outdoor activities on the street must end by 10pm. Food and beverage service can continue on the sidewalk areas next to restaurants in accordance with liquor license approvals by the NJ ABC.
The ReOPEN Asbury Park program is a pilot program – as such, regulations regarding street closures may change. Visit www.cityofasburypark.com/reopen for the most up-to-date information.