By ELLEN CARROLL
OK readers. Pay attention now. We’ve spent enough time binge-watching Netflix, cleaning out closets, making soup and shopping endlessly for toilet paper. Now, it’s time for a quiz. Stop whining and just do it.
1. What is the purpose of wearing a mask or face covering?
A. To protect ourselves from the coronavirus
B. To protect others from the coronavirus
C.Not really sure
2. Why are we social distancing?
A. So we don’t infect others
B. So we are not infected by others
C. All of the above (how could you get this one wrong)
3. What is the proper distance for social distancing?
A. Six feet
B. Fourteen feet
C. A football field
D. The next town
4.Which statement was not said by President Trump?
A. “One day – it’s like a miracle – it will disappear.”
B. “We have it totally under control.”
C. “China did a great job containing the virus.”
D.”I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
5. How long does the coronavirus last on surfaces?
A. One day
B. It is not certain how long the virus that causes COVID-19 survives on surfaces, but it seems to behave like other coronaviruses. Studies suggest it may persist on surfaces for a few hours or up to several days.
C. A month
D. Until there is peace on Earth
6. Can pets spread the coronavirus?
A. Probably only if one is a tiger.
B. Possibly a dog but there is no evidence that companion animals, including pets, can spread the virus or that they might be a source of infection in the United States.
7. Should you use vodka as hand sanitizer?
A. What a waste
B. Better to use it with a mixer
C. All of the above
8. Does this pandemic have anything to do with the 5G network?
A. You knew this was a trick question right?
9. What’s the deal with so many people stockpiling bottled water?
A. Some believe it prevents infection
B. The virus has not been detected in drinking water.
C. Some believe the end of the world is soon
10. Name one of these it is probably best not to use in place of toilet paper.
B. Paper towels
C. Ramen noodles
Answers: 1. C 2. C 3. A 4. C. 5. B. 6. B 7. C. 9. B 10. C