Sponsored by the Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association, the week runs to Sunday, Aug. 3. Events are planned each day from sun-up to sundown.
“One hundred forty-five years ago, Ocean Grove was founded by visionary leaders who chose this beautiful seaside setting to create a Christian community committed to providing opportunities for spiritual birth, growth and renewal,” said association President Dale C. Whilden. “Today, we stand on that same shore to celebrate that wonderful heritage and commit ourselves to continuing that vision.”
– A daily bible hour at 9 a.m. at the Tabernacle.
– Sunday, July 27, Founders Day, the Rev. Steve DeNeff, an author and pastor of College Wesleyan Church in Marion, Ind., will conduct services at 10:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. at the Great Auditorium. The evening service will include a “Celebration of Great Hymn Singing.”
– Monday, July 28, The Rev. Glen Conaway of Trinity United Methodist Church in Mullica Hill will lead the daily bible hour at 9 a.m., while Pastor Randy Smith of Grace Tabernacle Church in Wall will lead services at 7 p.m. at the Beach Pavilion.
– Thursday, July 31, Grand Orchestra and the Great Organ, Jason Tramm will conduct the Summer Stars Grand Orchestra, joined by organist Gordon Turk and violinist Byung Kook Kwak.
– Saturday, Aug. 2, Peter Yarrow, Noel Paul Stookey and Maureen McGovern perform a concert.
– Sunday, Aug. 3, Communion Worship, close of the Camp Meeting.
More information is available from the association at telephone 732-775-0035 and the website www.oceangrove.org. A complete meeting week schedule also is on the website.